Blastball is the time-honored sport of running to honking bases, learning fundamentals of t-ball, making friends and having a great time. Participants learn the concepts of throwing, batting and teamwork.
- Registration is from July 27th through August 31st.
- Register online, by phone 817-598-4124 or in person at the Parks and Recreation Office.
- Residents: $45/Participant
- Non-Residents: $58/Participant
- Proof of residency is required with a Driver's License AND a City of Weatherford Utility bill with matching addresses.
- T-shirts and trophies are included in registration cost
- Games begin September 22nd at Cartwright Park. Teams will have one game and one available practice time slot per week. Games are 30 minutes long and are held on Saturdays for 8 weeks. Call the rainout line (817-598-4151) on inclement weather days for cancellations. Check back to www.teamsideline.com/weatherford for makeup dates.
- Volunteer to coach! No experience necessary! Organize practices, pass out team shirts and keep parents informed. If you are interested in coaching please attend the coaches meeting on September 2nd from 6:00 pm-7:00 pm at the Cherry Park Community Center (313 Davis Street, Weatherford, TX 76086).
Basic Rules & General Information
- Ages 3-4 (boys and girls)
- 2 coaches per team - Volunteer to coach!
- 30 minute games on Saturdays for 8 weeks. Call the rainout line (817-598-4151) on inclement weather days for cancellations. Check www.teamsideline.com/weatherford for makeup dates.
- Teach fundamentals of hitting, throwing, and fielding while emphasizing the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship
- No score keeping - Remember to emphasize teamwork, sportsmanship and fun!
- Practices are held at Cartwright Park on Mondays or Wednesdays at 6:15 pm. When registering your participant please pick which practice day works best for you.
- Teams hit entire line-up each inning
- Please wear team shirts to all games (shirts are provided with registration)
- Athletic shoes required (cleats optional)
- Player may use a baseball/softball glove but isn't required
- Weatherford Parks and Recreation provides all playing equipment (except gloves). Coaches are responsible for care and upkeep of equipment during practice times.
- Batter is allowed four tries to hit ball, fifth try may be assisted
- Ball hit to infield, runner(s) advance one base
- Ball hit to outfield, runner(s) advance two bases
- Players play different positions each inning