The City of Weatherford Water Utilities Department is pleased to announce the following money saving tips. Click here to see all the tips.
Important Information About COVID-19
What We Do
Most importantly, the Water Utility is responsible for ensuring public health by providing clean drinking water, and proper treatment of wastewater prior to returning the water back into the environment. To accomplish this, the Water Utility, with a staff of 52 people, operates and maintains:
- Lake Weatherford and Sunshine Lake
- a 14-million gallon per day (MGD) water purification plant;
- over 280 miles of water distribution system pipelines (including 5 pump stations and 9 water storage tanks);
- over 210 miles of wastewater collection system pipelines (including 24 lift stations); and
- a 4.5-MGD wastewater treatment plant.
Emergency ServicesIf you have a water or wastewater emergency, please contact our 24-hour emergency services line at (817)598-4257. When prompted, select Option 4.
Advanced Metering System (AMS)The City of Weatherford electric and water utilities has completed installation of an advanced metering system (AMS). Over the next few months (during FY20), customers will be able to access their water consumption data through a new customer web portal. Learn more about our Advanced Metering System (AMS) and what it means for your water consumption.