May 2, 2020 General Election
Saturday, May 2, 2020 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Positions To Be Elected/Re-Elected in 2020
Council Member Place No. 1
Council Member Place No. 2
Please note: The City of Weatherford contracts with the Parker County Election Administrator to conduct our elections. For information about the Parker County Elections Office, please visit their website.
Main Election Day Site
Parker County Courthouse Annex, Annex Kitchen, 1112 Santa Fe Dr, Weatherford, Texas
Early voting by personal appearance will be conducted each weekday at the Parker County Election Administrator’s Office, Parker County Courthouse Annex, 1112 Santa Fe Drive, Weatherford, Texas, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. beginning on April 20, 2020 and ending April 28, 2020.
Branch Early Voting SitesNote: This list will be updated once the Parker County Elections Office determines all of the branch early voting sites that are needed.
- Springtown Municipal Court Annex, City Council Meeting Room, 200 N Main St, Springtown, Texas 76082
- Peaster Rock Gym (located between the Peaster ISD Administration Building and the Peaster Junior High)
- Willow Park Municipal Building, City Council Meeting Room, 516 Ranch House Rd, Weatherford, Texas 76087
- Aledo ISD Admin Building, Meeting Room, 1008 Bailey Ranch Rd, Aledo, Texas 76008
- Azle Masonic Lodge, Meeting Room, 257 W Main St, Azle, Texas 76020
Hours of Early Voting
Note: The hours for Early Voting will be updated once the dates are determined by the Parker County Elections Office.
Candidates to be Listed on the BallotThe filing period is January 15, 2020 to February 14, 2020. As soon as practicable after applications are received, the candidate's name will be listed in this section. Once the drawing for places on the ballot has occurred, the candidate's names will be listed in the order in which they will appear on the ballot.
Heidi Wilder for Place 1
Jeff Robinson for Place 2
General Election Canceled
On February 25, 2020, the Weatherford City Council adopted Resolution R2020-07 canceling the May 2, 2020 General Election for places 1 and 2 and declaring both unopposed candidates Heidi Wilder and Jeff Robinson elected to their respective places.
May 2, 2020 Candidate Packet/Forms
- 00 Table of Contents
- 01 Candidate Packet Welcome Letter
- 02 CALENDAR 050220 GENERAL ELECTION
- 03 1 application for place on the ballot
- 03 2 Code Fair Campaign Practices CFCP (VOLUNTARY)
- 04 1 Campaign Treasurer Appointment CTA form
- 04 2 CTA instructions
- 04 3 Amendment to form CTA
- 04 4 Amendment to form CTA instructions
- 05 1 2020 Filing Schedule for reports due
- 05 2 C-OH Campaign Finance Report forms
- 05 3 C-OH instructions
- 05 4 correction for C-OH form
- 05 5 C-OH UC unexpended contributions form
- 05 6 C-OH UC unexpended contributions instructions
- 06 1 candidate qualifications from charter
- 06 2 candidate qualifications from Election Code
- 07 City Charter excerpt re serving on the cc
- 08a LETTER to candidates re political signs LTR
- 08b LETTER to candidates re political signs BU city ord
- 08c LETTER to candidates re political signs BU TxDOT1
- 08d LETTER to candidates re political signs BU TxDOT2
- 09 campaign finance guide for candidates who file with local filing authority
- 10 Title 15, Election Code - Regulating Political Funds and Campaigns
- 11 guidecityofficial2017
- 12 1 political fundraisers what you need to know
- 12 2 Political Advertising what you need to know
- 12 3 Political Advertising what you need to know TEC
- 12 4 CHARTER
- 12 5 short guide to prohibition of political subdivision resources
- 13 CIQ
- 14 CIS